- Edited more than 40 hours of interviews, mostly recorded in Spanish; produced all five 30-minute episodes and mixed early drafts.
- Collaborated with ProPublica reporter to adapt web story as an audio script.
- Line edited scripts, heavily restructured each chapter, and implemented crucial sound design cues.
- Revised numerous drafts of audio mixes.
- Co-directed narrator/host and 20 voice actors including Danny Trejo.
- Fact-checked entire series independently.
- Acquired a development grant for an original fiction series.
- Assisted six shows by fact-checking, field recording and creating promos.
- Produced, mixed and sound designed hour-long 2017 holiday package for millions of Audible subscribers.
- Produced or contributed to 13 broadcasts for NPR’s Morning Edition.
- Edited interviews — ranging between 40 minutes and 2 hours long — into two or three-minute segments using Pro Tools for potential broadcast.
- Researched and pitched stories weekly; booked and recorded interviews.
- Implemented project manager app Trello to track the progress of a story from pitch to broadcast, improving team communication and workflow.
- Led or co-led four departmental meetings, including a presentation on multimedia digital projects.
- Fact-checked 22 broadcast segments.
- Trained and supervised production interns and other staff.
- Design mobile-first, longform, investigative stories built with Jekyll and Grunt.
- Pitched and produced ambient audio and assisted in design for Baltimore uprising photo essay.
- Wrangle with a stubborn content management system to style and position graphics and charts.
- Web produce, copyedit, select photos and occasionally illustrate for daily news stories.
- Design and hand-code lead story sections and banners for ProPublica’s homepage.
- Participate in user-experience testing of website and news apps.
- Edited and produced segments for stories broadcast on NPR programs.
- Researched, pitched, wrote and created social media content for the politics blog.
- Covered events, conducted tape syncs, transcribed interviews and contacted sources.
- Received training in coding and development from NPR’s Visuals Team.
- Coursework in news and magazine writing and beat reporting.
- Wrote 6,500-word master’s project about college students suffering from depression in the second least optimistic U.S. city.
- Coded, designed and presented a multimedia story package and interactive website.
- Presented user-experience research and design analysis of large-scale news site.
- Coursework in reporting, news editing, creative writing and mathematics.
- Graduated in three years.
- Multimedia: Audio editing and mixing, Pro Tools, Sound design, Adobe Audition, Photoshop and Premiere.
- Languages: Fluent in Spanish.
Audible, an Amazon Company
March 2017 — March 2018
Producer, Original Content
Lead and sole producer of narrative audio series, The Making of a Massacre — a ProPublica investigation of a cartel’s deadly assault on a Mexican town and the U.S. drug operation that sparked it.
Production Assistant | Jan. 2016 — March 2017
Production Intern | June — Dec. 2014
June 2015 — January 2016
National Public Radio
Jan. — May 2015
Production and Digital News Intern, Politics Desk
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
Master of Science in Journalism, Concentration in Multimedia Production
Interactive Design Workshop
Binghamton University, State University of New York
Bachelor of Arts in English, Concentration in Rhetoric
Producer | 2016 – 2017
TapeFest, Live radio show